Hi Everyone! I've been busy the last few weeks with a few things. Here's the major points
1. I turned 32!
2. I had a giveaway for my 32nd birthday that was a bigger hit than anticipated (thanks everyone for entering and congrats to our winner Justin).
3. Finally got to try the food around Pixar Pier (review to come.)
4. I've got the prints for the new shirts coming down in the next month.
5. I finally got caught up on all the TV shows that I was missing (can we talk about the Handmaid's Tale?!?!?)
6. I went back to being a full bleach blonde. Which is what I will be focusing on today.
While turning blonde as an Asian male can be construed as me wanting to conform to Western norms of beauty. It was a personal decision I wanted to make a few years ago. It was due to a major change in my life about dropping friends that were negative influences and wanting a fresh start. Then after seeing KPop stars and their cool looking hair I had a coworker dye my hair silver.
Last July I decided to go full Daenerys Targaryen blonde.
Which in case anyone was wondering, is extremely hard to get to with jet black Filipino hair. Getting to blonde took about five hours to work and a lot of bleach and toner. Honestly, it was worth it and I was happy to do it again this year.
The only down side is that my hair grows faster so when the roots grow in it looks obvious. I told myself I'd be blonde the whole month of July and with 3 weeks in and I'm on my 3rd touch up.
As one of my coworker asked, "why would you keep doing this to yourself?"
The answer is: because I want to. I didn't choose to do it because I wanted to look more like the western standard of beauty. Nor did I choose to do it because of any outside factor besides just really wanting to do it. I would hope that everyone reading this also doesn't let other opinions or outside factors make them afraid of choosing something that can make them happier. I mean, you should trust me. I'm a blonde now so my advice just sounds better coming from a blonde.